Tuesday 4 February 2020

How to Survive in Tory Brexit Britain

When I was in my twenties I used to endear to the Tory manifestoes, they used to appeal to me because I never understood what voting Tory meant. I liked their sound bites, catchy slogans and the idea that capitalism would work for everyone.

I guess I got sucked in too.

You have to admit Conversations marketing campaigns are short and simple, "we're all in this together", "Vote for Change", "Strong and Stable". Like their latest slogans - "GET BREXIT DONE" and "Unleashing Britain's Potential" they are empty meaningless catchphrases and should serve as red flags based on past lies.

The Brexit referendum and last few general elections have seen Britain politics get more complicated and divide us. The demographics that normally decided an election such as the social class, poverty, education, urban/rural partition, old/young have flipped on their head. Brexit had also divided families, friends, work colleagues and seen a rise in hate crimes.

The real Brexit has only just begun. If you're poor working class and voted Tory, and for Brexit then get ready for a surprise and more lies. They have already taken away from children, poor people, old people, the mentally ill, disabled/sick people, students and the services will keep getting stripped, cut and sold off.

I hardly think these are signs of the long-term economic plan that will Make Britain Great Again. I think the point is that surviving in a Tory Brexit Britain will be harder than ever and it will be Labour voters that switched Tory who will suffer the most. Under the Tories we are in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment