Tuesday 7 April 2020

Before Computers

Image result for skynet


You might find this shocking but there was a life and time before computers. In all honesty I'm baffled by how new tech works. As long as it works I'm fine with that.

I like the outdoors, barbecues, camping in the wilderness and fresh air. Unlike the youth of today I'm just not a natural with computers. My son impresses me when he's trying to explaining tech stuff but I can't help thinking "so what?" will it make my life better and easier?

Computers are too powerful and have taken over our lives. We use Skype at work for communication. I find it strange that someone who wants to talk to me uses it when they sit about 12 feet away. It's annoying because the whole team us it and I hate it. Why can't we just talk to each other like the good old days?

I don't trust online banking or the security of companies. Robots and artificial intelligence may not be a good thing, I've seen what happens when Skynet takes over. Yet I'm still waiting for jet packs and hover boards so AI may not be ready to enslave the world right now.


Bearing in mind I run this blog I'm trying to "get more with it" and updated with tech so maybe I need to buy a new laptop. I've had a look online and my technology department man was very helpful and advised on something that my son says is fine for me.

What with virtual reality and fake reality I don't fancy humans merging with machines and having a microchip shoved up my butt. I don't want to undergo this painful transformation of evolution. It also turns out that Mark Zuckerberg isn't computer generated he's a real bloke.

The humanity needs to unplug or technology will kill us all, or turn us into robots. Let's pretend it's 1994. Imagine no mobile phones, no computers, no interruptions. What bliss. Just Ceefax going in circles trying to find page 128.

No comments:

Post a Comment